Saturday, February 9, 2008

Colossians 1

hmm...I'm not sure if we are supposed to do our post here or not but oh well....

As I read chapter 1 verses 4 and 10-12 really stuck out to me. Verse 4 was just encouraging to me because the Christians in Colossae were known for their Faith in Christ and their love for all the saints. That is something that I want to be known for and I know right now I could improve my love for all the saints.... As Paul is encouraging the colossians in verses 10-12 to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord I was convicted. I need to always walk in a manner that will honor God no matter what. I know that I spend way too much time on my self and thinking of myself instead of thinking about others or what God wants me to do. So I pray that God would strengthen me with all power as verse 11 says. This verse ends with joyously meaning that we need to do all things joyously. That is definately a struggle for me. =) To me it is truely exciting that God would qualify us to share in his inheritance of eternal life, because i know i am so unworhty of everything Christ has given me. He delivered me from Satan and has forgiven me all my sins, and yet many times I take all that for granted. In verse 16 Paul speaks of how powerful Christ is. He made everything and He holds all things together. Through Christ we are reconciled with God. Without Him we are nothing.... In verse 24 Paul says He rejoices in His sufferings. That is one of the hardest things for me to do. All I want to do is complain and as we have been trying not to complain these past few weeks I have seen how much i really do complain. It is very hard to stop!!! Anyway I'll wrap up this collection of bunny trails with verse 29 "And for this purpose also I labor, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me." Sorry that this is a little scatter brained......

1 comment:

Heather said...

Doing all things joyously is so hard, but prayerfully, we will grow in our joy as we grow in Christ. Remember that joy is not exuberant happiness, but a quiet contentment in trusting God's will. That is how we have joy in all things. We know that God is working everything together for our good and His glory.